Waste consists of a wide variety of materials and represents an important resource for the procurement of raw materials for the economy.
The comminution of waste materials plays a key role in waste management and is a prerequisite for many recycling processes. Comminution prepares waste materials for subsequent process steps.
Observation of the grinding process with regards to the comminution of solids
- cascade and cataract motion, critical speed
- theoretical and actual power demand
- degree of comminution dependent on milling time, rotation speed,
ball diameter, ball filling, material to be milled
Separation processes are used to divide mixed waste into separate fractions. The separation can be carried out according to material characteristics (materials) or geometrical characteristics (particle size).
Sorting with a drum-type magnetic separator
- learning the fundamental principle and the method of operation of a drum-type magnetic separator
- efficiency of separation process dependent on
- mass flow of feed material
- mixing ratio of feed material
- type of feed material
Zigzag sifter to separate solid compounds
- learning the fundamental principle of wind sifting (gas flow classification)
- coarse material fraction
- fine material fraction
- dependent on solid mass flow rate and volumetric air flow rate